Our Conveyancing Charges
WE DO NOT UNDERTAKE ANY MORTGAGE TRANSACTIONS
We offer fixed fee prices for straight forward conveyancing transactions as set out below. However, please note these will be subject to a review where a transaction may become unduly complex, contentious and or time consuming. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to make further charges for any additional work that should be necessary, we shall inform you at the earliest opportunity of the anticipated additional costs so that they can be agreed with you before completion of the matter.
Please note the rate of VAT is currently 20%
- Up to £100,000 – £550 plus VAT + Disbursements
- £100,001 to £125,000 – £600 plus VAT+ Disbursements
- £125,001 to £175,000 – £650 plus VAT+ Disbursements
- £175,001 to £200,000 – £700 plus VAT+ Disbursements
- £200,001 to £250,000 – £750 plus VAT+ Disbursements
- £250,001 to £300,000 – £800 plus VAT+ Disbursements
- £300,001 to £350,000 – £850 plus VAT + Disbursements
- £350,001 to £400,000 – £900 plus VAT+ Disbursements
- £400,001 to £450,000 – £950 plus VAT+ Disbursements
- £450,001 to £500,000 – £1000 plus VAT+ Disbursements
- £500,001 to £600,001 – £1,050 plus VAT+ Disbursements
- £700,001 to £800,000 – £2000 plus VAT+ Disbursements
- > £801,000 – £1,900 plus VAT- Please contact us for a quote
If the property is UNREGISTERED add £350 plus VAT to the above fees
Typical disbursements on Sale
- Office Copies – £3.00 for each document ( no VAT payable )
- Electronic Identification Check – £7.20.Per person
- Indemnity Costs- Dependent upon each transaction
- Mortgage redemption fee – £48.00 inclusive of VAT
- Bank Transfer Fee – £48.00 (including VAT) for each charge on the property or if client requires funds by way of bank transfer
Please note, we do not undertake any mortgage transactions or provide tax advice.
- £100k to £350k- £850 + VAT + Disbursements
- £350k to £500k– £1000 VAT + Disbursements
- £500k to £750k-£1500 VAT + Disbursements
- £750k to £1m- £2000 VAT + Disbursements
- >£1m and above– Please contact our offices for a quote
Typical disbursements on Purchase
- SDLT- Dependant upon each transaction
- Lawyer Check- £15.00
- Land Registration Fee- Dependent upon purchase price of each property approximately £50.00-£150.00
- Bank Transfer Administration Fee- £48.00 inclusive of VAT
- Electronic ID Fee- £7.20 Per person
- SDLT online- £10.20
- Bank Transfer fee (per Transfer)- £48.00 inclusive of VAT
- HM Land Registry Search- £3.00 per search
- Bankruptcy Search- £2.00 per person
- Search Fees- Approximately £200.00 -£300.00
Transfer of Equity
- (No mortgage)
- £550 plus VAT + Disbursements
- Office copies – £3.00 per document
- Land Registration fee – Dependent on the value of the property starting at £30.00-£150.00
Typical time scales
- On average a sale should not take more than 6 to 12 weeks to complete, provided there are no complications.
Key stages of the Sale process
- Receive your instructions, obtain identification and other necessary details; within a week approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Obtain office copies/plan of the property being sold; from the land registry and prepare draft contracts and other documentation and send to purchasers solicitors; within two weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Contact lender if any, and obtain redemption statement and also for any other charges secured on the sale property; within two weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Respond to enquiries from buyers solicitor and approve TR1; within four weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Get client to approve and sign the Contract/Transfer documentation and agree a date for completion; within six weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Exchange Contracts; within ten weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Complete the Sale and arrange release of keys and redemption of mortgage and other charges secured against the property if any and pay balance to client; within twelve weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
Experience and Qualifications of Staff
- The Department is handled by Zahra Tayob, who is a qualified solicitor and is supervised; by Kauser Dossani who is a Director of the practice and has been a practicing solicitor for over 25 years and has extensive experience in dealing with property transactions. Her hourly rate is £200 per hour.
- Fixed fee 1 hour advice £125 plus vat
- Undefended Divorce £795 plus vat plus disbursements
- Nullity undefended £875 plus vat plus disbursements
- Separation agreement £500 plus vat
- Pre Nuptial Agreement £1k/£1500 plus vat
- Children act applications £1k/£7k plus vat plus disbursements(est)
- Children act hearings from directions appointment to final hearing £495/£1500 plus vat
- Financial Remedy /Cohabitation applications; £1k/£10k plus vat disbursements(est)
- Financial Consent Orders £690 plus vat plus disbursements
- Special Guardianship Order £1k/£2500 plus vat plus disbursements
- Legal aid also available on family matters subject to eligibility please enquire.
Disbursements (Court fees)
- Divorce/ Nullity/ Civil Partnership £593.00
- Judicial Separation £365.00
- Application for financial order £275.00
- Application by consent for a financial order £53.00
- Application for private Children Act £232.00
- Application for enforcement £232.00
- LEGAL AID IS ALSO AVAILABE ON FAMILY MATTERS SUBJECT TO ELIGIBILITY – PLEASE ENQUIRE
Experience and Qualifications of Staff
- The Department is managed; by Kauser Dossani who is a Director of the practice and has been a practicing solicitor for over 25 years and has extensive experience in dealing with family matters. Her hourly rate is £200 per hour.
Wills and Estate distribution
Single Will £200 plus Vat
Joint Will £350.00 plus vat
lasting power of attorney – £395 plus vat plus £82 (registration fee) each
For both lasting power of attorney (property and financial affairs and health welfare) – £600 plus vat plus £164 (registration fee)
- Home visits available subject to additional payment and availability
1. For work carried out upto and including obtaining Grant of Probate/Letters of administration – fixed fee of £1500 plus vat plus disbursements, where estate straightforward:
- no more then one property and several bank accounts in the uk.
- No Inheritance tax payable.
- Valid Will.
2. For Work carried out post grant of probate/letters of administration; for straightforward estate – fixed fee of£1200 plus vat plus disbursements.
3. For Work carried upto and including grant of probate/letters of administration where matter complicated and taxable assets – £2000 to £5000 plus vat plus disbursements. We anticipate this would involve between 10 to 25 hours of work with an hourly rate of £170-£200 per hour.
4. For Work carried out post grant of probate/letters of administration where complex issues – £2000 to £10,000 plus vat plus disbursements.The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the case. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property; costs will be the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries; properties and multiple bank accounts; costs will be at the higher end.
- Bankruptcy search – £2.00 per beneficiary
- Court fee – £274.00
- Office Copies – £1.50 per copy
- Section 27 Advert fee – Dependent on the local newspaper plus Law Gazette Fee but approximately £250 + VAT
- Land Registry Office Copies – £3.00 per copy
- Valuation Fees – Dependent on the estate agents
- Bank Transfer fee – £48 inclusive of VAT
- ID verification (£7.20 including VAT per beneficiary)
- Will search fee (£126 including VAT)
- Shareholding valuation fee – dependent upon the shareholding
The current rate of VAT payable is 20%
Key Stages of obtaining Grant of Probate and Distribution of the Estate
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries; this to be done within seven days approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Thereafter taking instructions from the executors and or trustees of an estate and establishing a summary of the deceased’s assets at the date of death; this to be obtained within three weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Ascertaining liabilities of the estate and obtaining valuations of the assets for tax purposes; this to be obtained within four weeks of taking initial instructions.
- Assessing if any inheritance tax due and then Preparing appropriate HMRC inheritance tax forms. If Inheritance tax payable; then submitting the IHT form to the inland revenue; this to be done within six to eight weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Complete Probate application and get the legal oath to be sworn by the executors of the estate; this to be done within eight to ten weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Make an application to the Probate Court; this to be submitted within twelve weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Obtain the Probate securely and send copies to client; this to be obtained within twenty-four weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
- Collect and pay the inheritance tax; and any and other liabilities of the estate and then distribute the estate to beneficiaries of the estate, this to be done within twenty-six weeks approximately of taking initial instructions.
Please note, the cost of selling or transferring a property within the estate is not included in this price.
Typical time scales
- On average a straightforward estate can take between 6 to 9 months to conclude. If there are complexities then it can take upto 12 to 16 months; which includes from taking instructions. This could be where there is a property to sell. Typically, obtaining a grant of probate takes between 3 to 6 months, and a minimum of 16 weeks. . Collecting assets then follows, which can take upto 3 to 9 months thereafter. Once this has been done; we can then distribute the assets which normally takes a further 4 weeks.
Experience and Qualifications of Staff
- The Department is managed by Zahra Tayob, who is a qualified solicitor and specialises in Private Client matters. The team is supervised by Kauser Dossani who has been a practicing solicitor for over 25 years, and has extensive experience in dealing with probate matters. The hourly rate charged will be between £170 per hour to £200 per hour; depending on the experience of the staff handling the case.
Oaths £10plus vat
Exhibits £2 plus vat
Sponsorship form £25 plus vat
Change of name deed £100 plus vat
Advice on Compromise Agreements £300 plus vat
Drafting a Compromise agreement £500 plus vat